Finance and Administration Spending Options
The 2011 Annual Appropriation Ordinance directly appropriated $482 million in local funds for Finance and Administration and an estimated $75 million in employee benefits, budgeted for centrally, attributed to Finance and Administration employees, for an estimated total appropriation of $557 million. Finance and Administration is composed of fourteen departments including the Departments of General Services (DGS), Fleet Management, Revenue, Finance, and Law.
The spending options related to Finance and Administration are at the links below.
- General Services – Reduce Spending on Janitorial Contracts
- Finance – Charge More for Health Insurance for Employees that Smoke
- Revenue – Privatize Parking Enforcement
- Finance – Increase the Health Insurance Contribution for Employees Earning Over $90,000
- Finance – Conduct Competitive Bidding when Issuing Bonds
- Procurement – Discontinue Advertising Contracts in Newspapers