City Development Spending Options
The 2011 Annual Appropriation Ordinance directly appropriated $62 million in local funds for City Development and an estimated $7 million in employee benefits attributed to City Development employees, for an estimated total appropriation of $69 million. City Development is composed of two City departments: the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), and the Department of Housing and Economic Development (DHED).
The spending options related to City Development are at the links below.
- Housing and Economic Development – Eliminate Chicago Career Tech
- Housing and Economic Development – Eliminate City-Funded Delegate Agency Programs
- Housing and Economic Development – Eliminate the Subsidy to World Business Chicago
- Cultural Affairs and Special Events – Eliminate Jumping Jack Program
- Cultural Affairs and Special Events – Eliminate Tier IV of City Arts