2011 Budget Options – Online Version
The 2011 Budget Options contain 63 options to decrease City spending or increase revenue. For each option, we present an overview and an estimate of the savings or increased revenue that the option would generate. Additionally, we include brief discussions of what proponents might argue in support of the option and, conversely, what opponents might argue against the option. Finally, we have added a section this year for more complex or controversial options that provides an additional discussion of the option and additional information decision makers might want in deciding whether or not to implement the option.
The Budget Options are organized into these nine categories:
- Revenue Options
- Citywide Spending Options
- Public Safety Spending Options
- Public Service Enterprises Spending Options
- Finance and Administration Spending Options
- Infrastructure Services Spending Options
- Community Services Spending Options
- City Development Spending Options
- Legislative and Elections Spending Options
We will update each option on this page as we receive more information, comments, questions, and criticisms of individual options. We encourage interested parties to use the data to further analyze these options and examine our underlying calculations.