FORENSIC AUDIT INVESTIGATOR
April 1, 2013
Applications will be accepted until May 17, 2013.
FORENSIC AUDIT INVESTIGATOR (Inspector General’s Office)
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree, including three years of experience in financial auditing and/or investigations, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid State of Illinois driver’s license is required at the time of employment.
- Three years’ experience conducting forensic accounting investigations into alleged accounting fraud and/or illegal acts by employees and/or officials of public sector and private sector organizations
- Availability to work any duty watch.
NOTE: RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: An applicant must be an actual resident of the City of Chicago. Proof of residency will be required at the time of employment.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL APPLYING. NO SECOND PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. THE INSPECTOR GENERAL’S OFFICE REQUIRES THAT ITS EMPLOYEES BE NONPARTISAN AND FREE FROM CONFLICTS OF INTEREST.
Commensurate With Experience
Up to $66,180
- Conducts comprehensive analysis of financial automated accounting systems and manual fiscal records including ledgers, invoices and contracts
- Collects and evaluates financial evidence in order to establish the nature and extent of alleged improprieties
- Interviews managers, witnesses and subjects to obtain evidence of alleged wrongdoings
- Prepares written reports detailing investigation findings
- Testifies in state and federal criminal and civil court proceedings and before administrative hearings regarding results of investigations
- Ensures collected physical evidence is preserved, inventoried and archived according to operating standards
- Collaborates with IGO and state and federal investigators and agents in obtaining and analyzing financial records
- Collaborates with the Audit and Program Review section in the conduct of performance audits and program reviews
- Locates, recovers, and analyzes electronically-stored information such as bank records, while preserving its evidentiary value
- Develops proactive investigations based on intelligence derived from investigative activities and analysis of information in other investigations.
To apply for this job title do NOT use the City of Chicago online application.
Follow these six steps:
- Go to e-mail address email@example.com;
- In the subject line, type in the job title for which you are applying;
- Complete, save and attach the “Inspector General Employment Application,” available here;
- Attach your cover letter for this job title;
- Attach your resume; and,
- Attach a writing sample and college and/or graduate school transcripts.
NOTE: To be considered for this position you must provide all the information listed above. If you fail to provide this information at the time you submit your application, your submission will be incomplete and you will not be considered for an interview. Application materials will only be accepted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is more than one open position in which you are interested, you may apply for more than one title by submitting an individual e-mail for each title. Repeat instruction steps one through six with each e-mail.
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER