Applications accepted February 28 through March 27, 2017
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree plus one year of work experience in program auditing or operations analysis, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, provided that the minimum degree requirement is met.
- Experience conducting and leading performance audits in compliance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards
- A graduate degree in a field related to government
- Experience developing data collection instruments such as surveys, direct and participatory observation, interviews, focus groups, and literature searches
- Strong desire to improve government operations
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Facility with Microsoft Office suite and experience with other specialized software used to facilitate statistical analysis
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Collaborates with co-workers and thrives in a team-based environment
- Under the guidance of a Chief Performance Analyst, conduct performance audits to evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness, economy, and integrity of City programs
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data related to program performance
- Make recommendations on the efficient and economical acquisition, protection and utilization of City resources
- Assess risks related to City programs and evaluate processes designed to reduce risk
- Interview City staff and other stakeholders
- Write clear, concise, and objective reports
- Perform related duties as required
TRAVEL AND SCHEDULE: Travel outside Chicago is not required.
Standard work hours are 8:30am-4:30pm, flexibility permitted.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Employees must be a resident of the City of Chicago and proof of residency is required at the commencement of employment.
OWING OF CITY DEBT: Municipal Code of Chicago 2-152-150 prohibits the hiring of anyone who owes any debt to the City of Chicago
INSTRUCTIONS: To apply for this job title do NOT use the City of Chicago online application.
Complete, the “Inspector General Employment Application,” by clicking here;
NOTE: To be considered for this position you must provide all the information listed above. If you fail to provide this information at the time you submit your application, your submission will be incomplete and you will not be considered for an interview. Application materials will only be accepted by submitting your application by clicking here. If there is more than one open position in which you are interested, you may apply for more than one title by submitting an individual application for each title.
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER